Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there. Have a wonderful weekend.
Information regarding graduation exercises for the Class of 2020 was shared with students and families today. I hope that once we have a full schedule to share it with the community so all can celebrate the seniors on June 7, 2020.
Please see the attached letter from the APS nursing staff: regarding medications still at the school:
PRN Medications retention
From the Director of Counseling & Social-Emotional Learning
May is Mental Health Awareness Month and this year's theme is Tools 2 Thrive. Please watch the brief video below with your children for an introduction to mental health and an invitation to participate in the APS SEL Challenge beginning on Sunday, May 10. All ages welcome to participate!
APS SEL Challenge: Take the APS SEL Challenge
Information regarding Student Government for the 2020-2021 school year:
It's time to start up the election process for the 2020-2021 school year. Anyone interested in running for a class officer position (which includes the elected Student Council Representative positions) should read through all of the information carefully on the following Google Doc.
In addition, we are also electing a 5-person School Committee Advisory Council. This group meets once every other month with the School Committee to update them on things going on at the high school and offer feedback on their policies. One member of this group will serve as the student-representative on the school committee. Anyone interested in running for one of these positions should read through all of the information on the following Google Doc.
The timeline for the election process is:
- All nominations are due to Mr. Wiczer by Friday, May 22nd at 5pm.
- All administrative endorsements must be requested by Friday, May 22nd at 5pm.
- All supporting materials (photos, videos, and paragraphs) must be submitted to Mr. Wiczer by Friday, May 29th at 5pm.
- Election info will go out to all students on Monday, June 1st
- Voting will take place from Tuesday, June 2nd through Friday, June 5th, closing at 2pm sharp.
- Results will be announced by email at some point after the close of the polls.
After reading through the Google Doc describing the process in detail, please email Mr. Wiczer (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.