August 10, 2015
Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians:
I hope this letter finds you well. It is hard to believe that summer is almost over. I hope you have all had a chance to relax and rejuvenate. Since my last note in July we have had a few changes here at the high school. We are very excited to welcome the following new staff:
- Mr. Paul Massalski, Dean (Classes of 2016 and 2018)
- Mr. Michael Grimes, Athletic Director
- Ms.Crystal Jankowski , English
- Ms. Jessica Naughton, Science
- Ms. Chris Avery, Education Support Professional
- Ms. Lynette Bowen, Education Support Professional
- TBA, Math
- TBA, French
Most importantly, schedules for 2015-2016 for all new students have been included in this mailing. All other students can view their schedules through iStudent. Any current AHS student who does not recall how to access iStudent can email Linda Chaney to have their account reset. It is important to note that the schedules are not 100% finalized and there will be some changes as we try to balance out class sizes and meet the needs of all students. The guidance staff and administration have been working tirelessly this summer to produce the best schedule for the greatest amount of students. Any blank space in the schedule indicates a potential study period. Study periods are being developed as needed and will be reflected by the first day of school. Homerooms and lockers will be distributed on the first day of school.
Our guidance staff will return to the office on August 25. If you would like to set up a meeting with your counselor, we will be offering 15 minute appointments from 8:30 – 11:45, and 12:30-1:30 on August 25, 27, and 28. On August 26, counselors will be available from 11:30-3:00. You may call the high school main office at 508-881-0177 to arrange an appointment.
I thank you for your patience in the scheduling process. I fully understand the anxiety that students may feel when it comes to their class requests. The schedule is always a work in progress and we are trying to meet the needs of all 740 students.
If you have not all ready done so, please visit our website https://ipass.imgsoftware.com/school/ashland/pamregister.html and sign-up for iParent. Accounts for new students are in the process of being set up and students will receive information on how to log-in at class meetings during the first week of school.
- Freshman and New Student Orientation- Wednesday, August 26 from 4pm. We will have a barbecue and fun activities so please plan to attend to get to know the school community. The Clocker Store will be open!
- The Student Leadership Summit will be on Monday, August 24 from 1-3:30. This annual event is a chance for all students interested in helping to build a positive school culture and set goals and expectations for a great school year. All captains and students in club and activity leadership positions are expected to attend. Please RSVP to Mrs. Chaney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-881-0177 to confirm attendance.
- All summer work is posted at http://sites.ashland.k12.ma.us/ahs-guidance-department/summer-reading-assignments
- Football and cheerleading begin practice on August 24 and the other Fall sports team start on August 27. Please make sure to register for fall sports by August 14.
- Please sign up to receive the Principal’s Tweets on Twitter, @KStCoeur and the Athletic Director, @ClockerAD
- First day of classes will be Wednesday, September 2.
- I will be using a blog format to share information this year. All announcements and information will be linked to one page so that you can access information easily. Check it out at http://ahsprincipalsnews.blogspot.com/
Enjoy the last couple of weeks of summer and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Kelley St. Coeur